This is how Intel handles negative posts on Facebook.
- Realize that attacks can come from anywhere.
- Plan for the worst. The key to responding effectively to negative publicity is having a response plan in place internally and a comments policy clearly posted to your Facebook page.
- Watch for warning signs. Do use social media monitoring tools to help keep an eye on your brand's social presence.
- Have a fire drill. Try setting up a dummy page on your internal network and practice responding to difficult questions and controversial posts.
- Know when to escalate.
- Your fans are your best defense. True fans can provide you with the most convincing, authentic response to an attack by arguing on your behalf.
- Take it seriously. Respond to legitimate concerns as much as you can.